100% Gruner Veltliner. Grapes sourced from old vine growth around Langenlois and nearby Zöbing, Gobels-burg, Schiltern and Mollands. Planted mainly in loess (80%) with the rest (20%) in weathered gneiss soils. Hand harvested and sorted. Brief maceration, fining, and fermented in steel tanks at 19-21 degrees celsuis. Racked and aged on remaining lees for 1-2 months.
Makes a wonderful aperitif and goes well with light starters like salads, cold meats, cheeses and vegetables.
From the early moments, Fred Loimer has challenged the status quo within his own family and in his profession. In 1998, he left the traditional Loimer family cellar in the town of Langenlois and purchased a crumbling building on the border of the village with extensive traditional cellars below. It was here that Fred built the modern building that is the visual marker for his winemaking philosophy – a challenge to traditional ways of thinking, yet built on a foundation with respect to history and to nature’s roll in winemaking. As Fred Loimer grows his winery, in production quantity and more importantly in increased quality, he has turned his focus even more sharply to the health and vitality of the vineyards, diligently pursuing a program of biodynamic farming and winemaking.